Classified advertising is a service provided to ALM's members at no charge as a part of their membership with the League. ALM currently does not accept classified listings from nonmember entities. NOTE: submissions that do not include a closing date will be removed six weeks after the listing has been posted.
Click HERE to post an Ad. Please include removal date.
If no removal date is provided, the ad will be removed after 6 weeks.
City of Opelika
Human Resources Director
The City of Opelika seeks a highly competent and motivated Human Resource leader for its Director of Human Resources. Successful candidates will possess the education and experience necessary to ensure strategic and effective leadership of the department.
- Progressive exposure and experience managing human resources to include major HR program areas (e.g., Employee Services, Employee Relations, Recruitment & Selection, Safety, Training & Development, Organizational Development, Risk Management, Affirmative Action Programs).
- Experience with, and knowledge of, federal, state, and local labor laws, statutes, ordinances, and reporting requirements (e.g., EEO, FLSA, ADAAA, HIPAA, USERRA, and FMLA).
- Experience working in environments that require adherence to high professional and ethical standards.
- Experience interacting with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree from a college or university accredited by a regional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education with major course work in personnel, public or business administration or a related field; thorough supervisory experience in personnel management; or any combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates the above listed knowledge, skills and abilities as determined by the hiring authority.
- Experience with a Public Human Resources Department in a salaried position, preferably supervisory.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to become a State of Alabama Notary.
- Possession of advanced certification related to human resources management (e.g., Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR), IPMA Senior Certified Professional (IPMA-SCP), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), Alabama Association of Public Personnel Administrators Certification as Senior Professional is preferred.
The City of Opelika offers a competitive benefits and compensation package. The annual salary range for the position is $79,226 to $134,684 Starting salary within this range is commensurate with experience. Applications along with a resume can be submitted at www.Opelika-al.gov, Employment.
City of Northport
The City of Northport is currently seeking a City Administrator.
All information pertaining to the job, including duties and application procedure can be found at the link below:
City of Centreville
Full Time and Part Time Police Officers
Centreville Police Department has an opening for a full time & part time police officer.
- Alabama Apostc certified
- Good driving history
- Driver license
- Must have knowledge of computer and typing skills
- Applicant must be able to pass background check
Paid insurance for officer, (family coverage is optional)
Paid holidays, vacation, accumulative sick time
Take home vehicle (depending on mileage away from city limits)
Other benefits and pay will be determined on experience and skills related to job requirements
Applicant upon hire will be required to a probationary period of 1 year. Applications can be picked up at Centreville City Hall or Police department. Upon request the application can be emailed, all applications must be returned in person.
City hall 205-926-4995
Police department 205-925-5052
City of Pell City
Softball Athletic Assistant
This is a non-supervisory position with the primary responsibility of assisting the Athletic Director in planning, development, promotion, and continuance of quality athletic programs for the City. Duties include the coordination of fields, facilities, and personnel to best support planned activities. Incumbent works under the general supervision of the Athletic Director.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited high school or hold a certificate of high school equivalency (GED)
- Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license and a driving record suitable for insurability
- Must be willing to work non-standard hours and overtime as required
- Must be willing to travel overnight to attend continuing education courses and workshops
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position
- Must possess computer skills necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist the Athletic Director in planning, development, promotion, and continuance of quality athletic programs for the City
- Provide for the coordination of fields, facilities, and personnel to best support planned activities
- Resolve issues between participants at sporting events
- Attend most if not all City sponsored sporting events
- Collect and be responsible for fees and registrations
- Enforce safety and other regulations as they apply to City sponsored sporting activities
- Perform administrative functions as needed
- Ensure all sport related equipment is maintained and stored properly
- Perform other job related duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of the Parks & Recreation department facilities’ capability and capacity
- Extensive knowledge of the rules and regulations pertaining to City sponsored sporting events
- Considerable knowledge of typical programs, leagues, and activities normally sponsored by municipalities of similar size
- Basic knowledge of irrigation and sprinkler systems
- Skill to operate a computer to facilitate proper and efficient record keeping
- Ability to operate zero turn mowers, infield machines, top dressers, and other landscape equipment
- Ability to explain rules, regulations, and expectations in a clear and unambiguous manner
- Ability to resolve issues between participants, coaches, and spectators in a firm but calm manner
- Ability to coordinate the use of Parks & Recreation facilities across various activities and times
- Ability to professionally represent the City at various meetings and conventions
- Ability to keep and maintain appropriate records
BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR FULL TIME POSITION
- BCBS Health/Dental (single coverage paid by City)
- EMC Life Insurance (paid by City)
- Retirement through RSA (with a City match)
- Vision Plan
- AFLAC (paid by employee)
- Sick leave (accrued when paid bi-weekly)
- Vacation (after successfully completing 1 year probation)
- Direct Deposit
- Paid Holidays
1. Complete application files must be received at the City Hall. This job will remain open until filled.
2. A complete file consists of:
- A current City of Pell City employment application
- Current resume [Note: Resume, when required, should address how the applicant has fulfilled the qualifications, required and preferred (if applicable), listed on this job announcement]
3. The City of Pell City may extend the application deadline to ensure an adequate pool of qualified applicants. Applications received after the deadline or incomplete applications, will not be considered.
4. Applicant may be required to submit employment verifications from current and prior employers prior to job offer being made.
5. Application forms may be downloaded at our website: www.Pell-City.com or City Hall and should be returned to: City of Pell City Human Resources 1905 1st Avenue North Pell City, AL 35125